Today is the last chance to enter the 2018 Wine Communicator of the Year Awards, with entries in each of the nine categories closing today.
The nine categories for the awards are:
- Best Wine Book (technical, trade and consumer)
- Best Wine Publication (technical and trade)
- Best Wine Publication (consumer)
- Digital Wine Communicator of the Year
- Best Wine Website or Wine App
- Best Wine Published Feature Article or Wine Column
- Best Wine Educator
- New Wine Writer of the Year
- Best Wine Public Relations Campaign (individual or team)
Once all the entries are received a panel of expert judges will review each of the applications and create a shortlist of finalists. A category winner for each award is then chosen in consultation with the WCA Board.
The overall Wine Communicator of the Year is awarded from the category winners. Previous winners include: Gill Gordon Smith (wine educator), Gourmet Traveller Wine, Tyson Stelzer, Jeni Port, Huon Hooke, Jane Ferrari, James Halliday and Campbell Mattinson.
Full details on all the awards and how to enter are available on the Wine Communicators of Australia website.