4Pines is a family owned brewery / hospitality operation with its HQ on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and facilities in both Manly and Brookvale.
We pride ourselves on our handcrafted award winning beer producing and delivering 30-40 unique styles of beer per year with national distribution plus a nationally recognised and awarded hospitality operation.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our close-knit team as The Chief Brewer. The role requires a highly motivated, vibrant, results driven individual with at least 5 years of commercial brewing experience who is ready to take charge of our brand new 50hL brewery and bottling line in our just built production facility, as well as the small batch “Keller Door” 5hL venue brewery.
Being a small business it is absolutely necessary the applicant is flexible in their propensity to take on challenges in all facets of the business, including working with and building relationships with sales, administration and venue staff.
The applicant will have the ability / aptitude to fulfil the non-exhaustive criteria;
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
– Hands on “lead by example” role
– Problem solving ability and strategic agility absolutely necessary
– Financial and entrepreneurial acumen (budgets, P&L’s, KPI setting and delivery)
TEAM AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
– Management of production / brewing staff across 2 sites
– Developing the skills and careers of direct reports
– Daily brewing, bottling and racking operations
– Stock control end-to-end
– Developing processes and procedures in a start up 50hL microbrewery
– Thorough understanding and responsibility of developing and maintaining brewery compliance (OHS / Food Safety / Liquor Licensing)
– Brewery Engineering experience highly regarded
BRAND ADVOCACY AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
– Face of 4 Pines brewing operations in the public domain – events / dinners
– Understanding or ability to gain knowledge in working closely with sales team
– Delivery operations including 4 Pines internal, freight and logistics suppliers and wholesale stock controller relationships
We Love Beer!
We are only seeking an individual who does as well.
If you are passionate about being part of a team to continue to produce world class craft beer and are genuinely interested in the 4 Pines story we would love to talk to you.
Please send your CV to Jaron firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0405 637 644.
Expressions of interest close Fri 10th August.