It’s been a big year for Hardys Wines who are toasting to the end of an exciting 160th year in the wine industry with a trio of exciting news, awards and releases for 2013.
In November, Hardys Wines officially partnered with Cricket Australia. Announced at Sailors Club in Rose Bay in early November, the partnership will see Hardys as the official wine sponsor for all key Cricket Australia events, celebration matches and announcements across a strong national advertising campaign throughout the upcoming cricket season.
“I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled we are to partner with Cricket Australia. Cricket is something that the Hardys family has grown up with like a lot of Australian families, so it’s no surprise that we are excited to welcome the Cricket Australia family into ours,” said fifth generation Hardy family member William (Bill) Hardy.
A wide collection of namesake Hardys Wines received gold medal wins at numerous prestigious international and national wine shows.
- The 2010 Eileen Hardy Pinot Noir received Gold and the “Australian Pinot Noir Regional Trophy” and the 2010 Eileen Hardy Shiraz received Gold and the “Australian Red Rhone Varietal Regional Trophy” at the Decanter Asia Wine Awards show in Hong Kong
- Eileen Hardy Chardonnay was named the ‘white grange’ for the Australian wine industry by Decanter Magazine
- Both the 2004 and 2012 vintages of the Eileen Hardy Shiraz received Gold at the McLaren Vale Wine Show.
- The 2012 Eileen Hardy Pinot Noir and the 2013 HRB Riesling received Gold at the Royal Melbourne Wine Show
- Both the 2012 and 2008 vintages of the Eileen Hardy Shiraz received Gold at the Hobart Wine Show
Hardys Wines is also excited to release a new collection of vintages in the signature Thomas Hardy and Eileen Hardy ranges. The 2010 Thomas Hardy Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007 Eileen Hardy Shiraz, 2012 Eileen Hardy Chardonnay, and 2012 Eileen Hardy Pinot Noir are now available in limited quantities at select major wine retailers nationwide.
“More than an opportunity to showcase the high point of Hardys winemaking philosophy, the Thomas Hardy and Eileen Hardy new vintage releases reminds us about the immense impact these individuals have had on the industry,” said Chief Winemaker for Hardys Paul Lapsley.
For more information visit www.hardyswines.com