Australian Vintage Limited (AVL) has announced a range of new global employee benefits, which the company hopes will build on its existing packages and help to recruit and retain world-class talent.
The additional perks come after a global shift in employee priorities and expectations due to the recent rise in remote working, and Director of People and Culture, Natasha Dale, says AVL is passionate about attracting and retaining the best people.
“These new rewards ensure that as a business we are supporting our employees through all stages of life. Our people are our most valuable asset here at Australian Vintage,” said Dale.
“It is paramount that we remain proactive but also reactive, finding innovative ways to attract the best talent and ensuring we keep them engaged through rewards and recognition. We are delighted to offer a package that reflects Australian Vintage’s values and recognises the loyalty and dedication of our team.”
The new employee benefits will roll out globally from July 1, 2023 and include:
- Additional Loyalty Leave: after three years’ service employees will receive an additional five days of annual leave, to use that calendar year.
- Work From Anywhere: office-based employees can work remotely if the role and duties allow overseas or domestically for a period of time.
- Birthday Leave: one day of annual leave on or within the month of their birthday each year.
- Volunteer Days: employees can choose a charity or not-for-profit to volunteer for and still receive their regular pay.
- Mental Health Days: personal leave will be able to be used for a mental health day.
- Summer Fridays: reduced hours on Fridays from 2pm during the summer months.
- Bupa healthcare: a partnership with Bupa health insurance to provide employees in Australia with great corporate health plans, exclusive offers and discounts.
Australian Vintage Chief Executive Craig Garvin added: “At Australian Vintage we’re proud of our passionate, agile and innovative team. It is critical that our employment packages also reflect the dynamic world we live in. These additions continue our focus on the wellbeing of our employees as we strive to be the best employer we can be.”
The new employee benefits bolster a range of existing benefits that AVL announced in 2022 around superannuation, mental health and wellbeing, flexible working and annual leave.