Some of New Zealand’s most cutting-edge brewers, including ones from 8 Wired Brewing, Garage Project, Craftwork Brewery and Maiden Brewing Company, have come together to discuss wild fermented beers in a presentation for the Bloody Big Drinks Summit.
Hosted by Ale of a Time‘s Luke Robertson, the discussion dives deep into the topic, with the brewers sharing their insights and experiences of working with wild microbes, carbonic maceration and spontaneous fermentation.
In this clip from the session, Garage Project co-founder Pete Gillespie (pictured above on the left) describes an unexpected encounter with wild fermented beers and how it nearly put him off making them alongside their controlled fermentations. And, as a warning, the language gets a little wild in this clip too.
You can watch all of the Wild New Zealand presentation, along with more than 50 other sessions, at the Bloody Big Drinks Summit, a new online event from the publishers of Beer & Brewer.
Other beer-related content at the Summit includes:
- How Craft Brewers Can Improve Beer Quality By Managing Hop Creep And Hop Burn – Denis Martin, Denmark and Alfa Laval’s Joakim Gustafsson
- How to Service the Gluten Free Community – Richard Jeffares, TWØBAYS Brewing Co
- Brewery Automation – Neal Cameron, Brewtique
- Independent Beer: It’s Everyday Life – Kylie Lethbridge, IBA
- Beer Faults and How to Fix Them – Tina Panoutsos, Asahi/CUB
- The Future of Brewing is Sustainable and Tastes Amazing! – Gary Tickle, Sustainable Beverage Technologies, USA
For more information regarding the sessions, speakers and tickets, head to The Bloody Big Drinks Summit website.