By Amy Looker, editor – National Liquor News
Wine Australia and Dan Murphy’s are all set to host City Cellar Door in Sydney’s CBD this evening.
City Cellar Door is part of the Aussie Wine Month calendar, an initiative from Wine Australia that encourages wine drinkers to discover the diversity, quality and regionality of local wines.
City Cellar Door will take place between 3pm and 8pm tonight and tomorrow (Thursday 7 May) at Australia Square and gives wine lovers a chance to meet the winemakers behind some of Australia’s most iconic wine labels, who will be pouring a selection of their wines.
Visitors can also stop by the interactive Aroma Bar and smell their way to more wine knowledge as they learn about some of the main aromas found in wine and enjoy freshly shucked oysters from Oysters Australia as well as charcuterie by Salumi Australia.
Winemakers and wineries featured at the City Cellar Door:
• Carlo Pizzini – Pizzini Wines (VIC)
• Corrina Wright – Yarnbomb and Oliver’s Taranga (SA)
• Jeremy Dineen – Josef Chromy (Tasmania)
• Jim Chatto – McWilliam’s Wines (NSW)
• Keith Hentschke – Hentley Farm (SA)
• Luke Skeer – Wynns Coonawarra Estate (SA)
• Neil Larson – Tahbilk (VIC)
• Richard Burch – Howard Park (WA)
For more information, visit the Aussie Wine Month website.