Merivale’s Justin Hemmes and Archie Rose founder Will Edwards are two drinks doyens due to present webinars sharing their expertise.
From 14 March to 30 May the City of Sydney council is holding a series of nine webinars with business leaders from different fields, focusing on different topics.
Most immediately relevant for the drinks industry will be the events headed by Edwards and Hemmes. Edwards’ webinar, ‘building foundations for a successful business, will be held on 14 March between 12-1pm. Here Edwards is due to give ‘guidance on developing a product using market research, reaching new audiences, tips to grow a business to scale and positioning your brand for exposure.’
Hemmes’ webinar will be held on 9 May between 12-1pm. During the event Hemmes ‘will share his strategies for long-term growth including advice on building businesses at scale, the key to risk-taking for growth, how to transform hospitality businesses, how to maintain quality in service delivery and insights into the latest hospitality trends.’
Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, believes the series of events will arm businesses with insights and tools for success.
“The last couple of years have been tough – we understand the challenges businesses have faced – and that’s why we developed our Reboot program,” Moore commented.
“All small businesses and entrepreneurs have a variety of unique needs and interests, and our Reboot series is designed to offer something for everyone to help achieve their goals and expand their business.”
Another of the speakers, Shop You CEO and e-commerce expert, Kelly Slessor, had a similar message.
“I believe that education and learning from experienced experts are crucial for sustainable growth in today’s rapidly changing business landscape, particularly in small businesses and the evolving world of digital,” Slessor said.
“That’s why I’m excited to be bringing together a group of experts to share their valuable insights, lessons on business growth, and personal journeys.”
The full roster of webinars is likely to hold some value for hospitality and liquor retail professionals, with some of the topics including digital marketing, storytelling, brand-building, networking and customer acquisition.
Register for the Reboot program here.
See the line-up below:
- Building foundations for a successful business – Will Edwards, founder, Archie Rose – 14 March, 12pm-1pm
- Three steps to digital marketing growth – Kelly Slessor, Digital marketing and e-commerceexpert and Shop You CEO – 21 March, 12pm–1pm
- Creating a brand with influence – Taryn Williams, CEO and founder WINK models, theright.fit, The Influencers Agency and #Gifted – 28 March, 12pm–1pm
- Finding power in your voice and story – Kylie Captain, proud Gamilaroi woman, educator and author – 4 April, 12pm–1pm
- Transforming your business into a powerhouse – Justin Hemmes, Merivale Group CEO – 9 May, 12pm–1pm
- Start selling more to more customers – Victoria Butt, founder, Parity Consulting and Evolve Sales – 16 May, 12–1pm
- The secrets to rapid online growth – Julie Mathers, CEO Sunggle Hunny, and Jane Cay, founder of birdnest – 23 May, 12pm–1pm
- Building a purpose-driven business – Hunter Johnson, CEO, The Man Cave and STUFF – 30 May, 12–1pm