By Andy Young
Entries are now open for WCA’s annual Wine Communicator of the Year Awards.
This year will see 10 categories within the awards, with both the ‘Best Wine Book’ and ‘Best Wine Publication’ awards now being split in to two distinct categories, technical and trade, and consumer.
“We felt it necessary to split the two awards into different categories, to better reflect the technical and trade and consumer media industries,” said WCA National Chair Angus Barnes.
“The introduction of the Best Wine Public Relations Campaign Award also highlights the great work being produced for wine brands across the nation.
“We look forward to reviewing this year’s entries and the quality standard of work consistently being produced in the wine media industry.”
Entries close on Thursday 31 August 2017, with winners to be announced at a special presentation night in Sydney on Wednesday 1 November 2017, which will be sponsored by Riedel Australia.
The annual WCA Wine Communicator Awards recognise outstanding contribution to, and excellence in, wine communication in all its forms. In each category, a short list of finalists is reviewed and selected by the panel of expert judges. A winner is then chosen in consultation with WCA Board. The overall Wine Communicator of the Year is then chosen from the category winners.
This year’s award categories are:
- Best Wine Book Award (Trade, Technical)
- Best Wine Book Award (Consumer)
- Best Wine Publication Award (Trade, Technical)
- Best Wine Publication Award (Consumer)
- Digital Wine Communicator of the Year Award
- Best Wine Website or Wine App Award
- Best Published Feature Articles or Column Award
- Best Wine Educator Award
- Best Public Relations Campaign
- New Wine Writer of the Year