The finalists have been revealed for the 2021 NSW Sommelier’s Wine List Awards, run by NSW Wine with strategic partners Destination NSW, Wine Depot and the Restaurant & Catering Association.
The awards aim to showcase the best NSW wine stars, those sommeliers, beverage managers and venue that offers their customers a great NSW wine experience, as well as highlighting the quality and diversity of NSW wines in their ranging.
Judges Dane Richards (GM Australia for Gault&Millau), Ned Goodwin MW (wine educator and critic) and Mark Baulderstone (MD Riedel Spiegelau Nachtmann Australia), have evaluated the wide range of wine lists entered from across the state and come up with 38 finalists for this year’s awards.
- Atelier by Sofitel, Sydney
- Avalon Restaurant, Katoomba
- Bangalay Dining, Shoalhaven
- Heads Bar Florian, Port Macquarie
- bibo wine bar, Sydney
- Bills Fishhouse and Bar, Port Macquarie
- Birch Restaurant, Moss Vale
- Birdie Noshery & Drinking Est, Orange
- Black Bar & Grill, The Star Sydney
- BOILERHOUSE at Q Station, Accor Sydney
- Charred Kitchen and Bar, Orange
- Esca, Pokolbin
- Eschalot Restaurant, Berrima
- EXP Restaurant, Pokolbin
- Fix Wine Bar + Restaurant, Sydney
- Flying Fish, The Star Sydney
- International Convention Centre Sydney
- Jackalberry, Hyatt Regency Sydney
- Lolli Redini Restaurant, Orange
- Muse Kitchen, Hunter Valley
- Muse Kitchen, Lorn
- Nel Restaurant, Sydney
- O Bar and Dining, Sydney
- One Penny Red, Sydney
- Pilu at Freshwater, Sydney
- Public Dining Room, Sydney
- Quay Restaurant, Sydney
- Redsalt Restaurant, Crown Plaza Pokolbin
- Sean’s Bondi, Sydney
- SOUTH on Albany, Berry
- Tattersalls Club, Sydney
- The Gantry, Pier One Sydney
- The Newcastle Club, Newcastle
- The Robertson Hotel, Robertson
- The Throsby, Wollongong
- The Zin House, Mudgee
- TWR, Crown Sydney
- Wandin Kitchen, Lovedale
All finalists will receive promotional material to help share the good news and they are all now in the running for one of the main trophies, along with some great prizes including:
- Free entry into Australia’s Wine List of the Year Awards.
- Indulgent, immersion trips around one of NSW’s amazing wine regions, including accommodation, meals and expertly guided winery tours.
- Invaluable advice on the right digital systems to take your business to the next level, including a $1000 prize package from DK Digital Systems – helping you work smarter, not harder.
- $1000 worth of Australia’s best wine logistics and technology solutions from WINEDEPOT.
- A $2000 premium glass fit out from RIEDEL.
The 2021 winners will be announced at a prestigious event at Government House Sydney, hosted by the Governor of New South Wales Her Excellency the Honourable Margaret Beazley AC QC, on 24 May.