Sunshine Coast Cider is launching the ‘Drink a Local Cider on Australian Cider Day’ initiative to help raise funds for area of South East Queensland hit by flooding.
The initiative will see 99 Karma Kegs of Sunshine Coast Cider delivered to 99 venues to help with local fundraising causes and venues outside flood-affected areas are encouraged to donate to the Australian Red Cross to help people in Ukraine.
Sunshine Coast owners, Martin and Regine Rellstab said: “At Sunshine Coast Cider we’re devastated to see all the trauma and destruction caused by the flood in South East Queensland and further afield in Ukraine.
“So we’ve decided to help in the best way we can, by bringing a little sunshine back into people’s lives by donating 99 Karma Kegs full of delicious Sunshine Cider for a unique collaborative fundraising event.
“But we need you to help us. We need 99 venues to take part in this fundraiser. While we can provide those kegs free of charge, we need venues to pour the cider for us.
“We would like you to host this fundraiser on Saturday 12 of March, to coincide with Australian Cider Day.
“The goal is to help your local community with flood recovery. For venues in non-affected areas, please consider donating to the Australian Red Cross for help in Ukraine.”
The free kegs are available for venues on the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Gold Coast.
The rules for the fundraiser are:
- Each venue creates its own fundraiser goal.
- All proceeds from the sale of this Karma Keg will go to the chosen group
- Launch the fundraiser as soon as you receive the keg, but the main launch day will be Saturday 12 of March, coinciding with Australian Cider Day
Eligible fundraiser targets:
- Australian Red Cross for help in Ukraine. (https://www.redcross.org.au/ukraine/)
- You can use the funds to clean up and repair your venue, if you are directly affected by the flood
- Any Community organisation affected or helping with the flood
- Businesses or individuals who went above and beyond in helping others
- Businesses or individuals deemed essential for the local community
- Any local hero (or deserving person) who needs support.
Head to the Sunshine Coast Cider website for more information and details on how to sign up.