This year, Guinness plans to officially list Ireland’s most festive celebration as the Friendliest Day of the Year in the Guinness Book of World Records. In a global digital campaign that will run until 17 March, the brand will be encouraging over one million fans around the world to either pledge their support via their local Guinness Facebook Page or by heading down to their favourite pub and celebrating on St Patrick’s Day.
The Friendliest Day of the Year campaign aims to drive traffic into the on-premise and increase sales in the lead up to and on St Patrick’s Day on 17 March. Australian fans can ensure they contribute to the success of this momentous global mission by either logging on to the Guinness Australia Facebook page and ‘Pledging’ their support using the Friendliest Day of the Year Application, or by heading along to their favourite Guinness venue on St Patrick’s Day and raising a pint to celebrate. In order to set the world record, Guinness will then tally up the total number of people who participated in these international celebrations. If the final figure reaches one million, St Patrick’s Day will officially be declared as the Friendliest Day of the Year.
Additionally, the lead up to St Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity for on-premise customers to activate a 5 C’s Session. Offered throughout the year, the 5 C’s Sessions train bar staff on how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness using the 5 C’s:
1. Correct gas mix and pressure (30 per cent CO2, 70 per cent nitrogen)
2. Consistent temperature (Serve at two to four degrees, store at two degrees)
3. Clean beer lines and spout (Clean lines at least every two weeks and soak spouts overnight in soda water)
4. Correct and clean glassware (the contemporary Guinness-branded harp glass has been specially created to enhance the perfect pint experience and is available Australia-wide)
5. Crafted presentation (tilt glass at 45 degrees, let surge and settle with first pour, push tap back on second pour, serve to the rim with no overspill.)
With 94 per cent of consumers stating they would return more often to a pub pouring a great pint of Guinness and most stating they would recommend it to at least four of their mates , serving the perfect pint forms an essential part of sales uplift both on and beyond St Patrick’s Day.
Make your pledge now by clicking on the Guinness Facebook banner.