The Independent Brewers Association has announced the daters for Good Beer Week 2023 (GBW), and the smaller, more curated thinking behind this year’s program.
The GBW will take place from 20-27 May, 2023 and registrations are open now for the program, which this year will feature 100 of the best of the best event concepts.
“In fact, for beer fans it’s going to be almost 3 weeks of everything beer” said Kylie Lethbridge, IBA CEO.
“Our partners will also deliver cracking programs with Pint of Origin rolling from 12-21 May and the Great Australian Beer Spectacular (GABS) Craft Beer & Cider Festival from 19-21 May. And for the industry, the Australian International Beer Awards (AIBA) ceremony on 25 May.
“COVID-19 taught us a lot and allowed us the time to reflect on the past 12 years to determine how GBW can keep evolving to meet consumer demands and offer the best possible innovative beer experiences. We have taken on board feedback from festival goers and event hosts and now offer an opportunity to participate in 2023 which is all about trying new things,” Lethbridge said.
This focus means that in 2023 GBW will:
- Be a smaller more curated program limited to 100 of the best of the best event concepts.
- Be focused on Australian independent beer and Independent Brewers Association members. IBA Members will receive a 15 per cent discount if their event is selected
- Include the biggest and wildest ideas
- Not be something you can experience outside of GBW e.g., beer launch, tap takeover, meet the brewer, education on beer styles.
- Be good value.
- Embrace events in regional Victoria.
- Actively practice and promote the responsible service and use of alcohol. e.g., no beer pong.
- Change the way you register your events…get your ideas in and if selected you pay then.
Entries close 31 January with event approval soon after.