The Australian Liquor Stores Association is encouraging all those who wish to attend this year’s Australian Retail Drinks Conference in Canberra to sign up now.
The reformatted ALSA Conference is taking place at the Hyatt Hotel Canberra from Tuesday 15 August to Thursday 17 August and is promising one of the best programs ever. However rooms are limited and the conference rate cannot be guaranteed beyond today.
ALSA CEO Terry Mott told TheShout: “This is a sitting week of Federal Parliament and so there is limited availability for rooms at the conference package rate, which can’t be guaranteed. We really need people who want to attend the conference to confirm their registration with us today.”
ALSA has already confirmed its keynote speaker for the conference will be former world champion surfer Layne Beachley. As well as an extensive program looking at many of the issues facing Australia’s liquor store retailers, the conference will also see Federal Minister for Education, Senator Simon Birmingham, present the 2017 ALSA Young Liquor Retailer of the Year Award at the gala dinner on Thursday 17 August.
The Conference delegates’ package also includes a ticket to the inaugural Celebration of Industry Dinner by Alcohol Beverages Australia, which will take place in the Great Hall of Parliament House on Tuesday 15 August.
Conference business sessions will include:
- The ALSA-IRI State of the Industry Report, snapshot of contribution on Wednesday and an up to the minute detailed beverage category analysis from IRI on Thursday
- An important analysis of the impact of Container Deposit Legislation on the market, consumers, and the industry with the impending roll-out in major States like NSW.
- Alcohol Beverages Australia and DrinkWise presentations and why our broader industry has formed and funded these organisations
- One on one interviews with industry leaders in the ALSA Grill to flesh out the important issues looming for the industry and how to deal with them
- An entertaining look at the Peasants’ Revolt with David Chalke from Australia SCAN
- Findings of the recent ALSA International Study Tour(s) to NZ & UK.
- Interview with the ALSA Young Liquor Retailer of the Year 2016
Those wishing to register for the conference, and secure the conference package rate should head to the ALSA website.