Submit your wines to participate in the Melbourne International Wine Competition (MIWC) taking place on June 11, 2017 in the heart of Melbourne. This contest stands out from the others because all of our judges are real trade buyers judging the wine by its category and actual price. We call it "The Real World". This is a great opportunity for established wines to reconnect with true trade buyers and new wines to be discovered by real trade buyers.
Benefits and Visibility
The MIWC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
1. All winning brands will be listed on the MIWC website with their image and link to their website.
2. The results of the MIWC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. Results will be published with our media sponsors and other trade and consumer media outlets.
3. There will be media onsite reporting on the competition.
4. There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icon
5. Each winner will receive a medal at no additional charge.
6. The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners.
Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges have the ability to directly influence sales and a brand’s bottom line. These panelists are not involved for publicity or for their industry position as critics or members of the press. They are true decision makers, experts and willing supporters of the wine industry who have an authentic understanding of the business of buying and selling wine.
Who are the Judges?
Bob Paulinski, MW, Head of Sourcing – Wine, Coles Liquor,
Bert Werden, Buyer and Director at WineStar,
Vanessa Green, Wine Director, Apples + Pears Entertainment Group,
Jamie Hay, Category Assistant – Dan Murphy's Cellar,
Greg Fitzsimmons, Manager, Private Cellar/ Fine wine, Graysonline,
Kate Lawton, Senior Buyer at Vinomofo,
Christian Maier, Sommelier and Buyer, RACV Clubs and Resorts,
Peter Nixon, Dan Murphy's Natural Fine Wine Manager
[…] View all Judges
How To Enter
Please also feel free to contact us directly if you are a wine organization and or submitting 20 plus wines for additional support. The cost to enter begins at AUD $100 online. The wines have to arrive by June 7th to be judged. Each submission is required to submit three sample bottles of 700-750ml. Enter now to get early pricing.
Where To Ship The Wines
Melbourne International Wine Competition
C/O Adam Levy
Liquor Logistics Pty Ltd
Unit 1, 365 Plummer Street
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
Tel +61 386521989
Fax + 61 386521989
Contact for questions: Adam Levy (email@example.com)