By Clyde Mooney
Still in its first year of business, the AH&B has topped the nominations count, including a shot at the prestigious Hotel of the Year prize.
The Awards for Excellence will pay tribute to the outstanding performers in this state across a variety of segments, including entertainment, dining, accommodation, marketing, community service and talented employees.
The awards are to be held on the 28th of this month at The Westin – and are already sold out.
The AH&B was nominated for:
– Best traditional hotel bar
– Best boutique beer offering
– Best new/redeveloped hotel – city
– Best environmental practice
– Outstanding community service and achievement
– Best casual dining venue – city
– Best steak venue
– Best sports bar
– Best pub TAB – platinum
– Overall city Hotel of the Year
Considering the AH&B’s broad range of craft beers brewed onsite, the notable omission to their list of accolades is a dedicated craft beer award.
The hotel brewery distributes its award-winning beers onsite and through a number of venues around Sydney.