Wine Tasmania has announced the finalists in its 2021 Tasmanian Wine List Award, with voting now open to the public to find the winner.
Following an application process, finalists in the 2021 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year competition have been selected and voting for the People’s Choice Best Tasmanian Wine List is now open.
Wine Tasmania CEO Sheralee Davies encouraged Tasmania’s wine-loving public to visit these finalist businesses and vote for their favourite as part of the 2021 People’s Choice Award.
“Tasmanian wine and food is among the world’s best, and it’s great to see support for our local wines reflected in the applications and wine lists received this year. Each of our finalist venues is to be commended for their support of the island’s wines, and we look forward to announcing the public’s favourite.”
The following businesses have been announced as the 2021 finalists (listed in alphabetical order):
- Astor Grill, 157 Macquarie St, Hobart TAS
- Ball and Chain Grill, 87 Salamanca Place, Battery Point TAS
- Black Cow Bistro, 70 George St, Launceston TAS
- Brisbane Street Bistro, 24 Brisbane St, Launceston TAS
- Dana Eating House, 131 Murray St, Hobart TAS
- Driftwood Restaurant, 13 North Terrace, Lauderdale TAS
- The Drunken Admiral, 17/19 Hunter St, Hobart TAS
- The Glass House, Brooke Street Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS
- The Gorge Restaurant, 74 Gorge Rd, Trevallyn TAS
- The Old Bank of Geeveston, 13 Church St, Geeveston TAS –
- Stillwater, 2 Bridge Rd, Launceston TAS
- Tasmanian Food & Wine Conservatory, 9 Conservatory Rd, Sassafras TAS –
This program, now in its fourth year, is presented by Wine Tasmania to recognise and champion Tasmanian businesses supporting the island’s outstanding wines. The People’s Choice award is one of several awards, which include Judges’ Choice categories based on the percentage of Tasmanian wines by the glass and bottle, diversity of styles, regional representation as well as quality of service, training and wine knowledge.
The 2021 Tasmanian Wine List of the Year Awards will be announced at the Tassie Wine Stars event on 25 October 2021. Public voting closes on 18 October 2021 – votes can be submitted at www.winetasmania.com.au/vote.