In light of the recent demerge from Fosters Group, Treasury Wine Estates have worked to sequester the management of online training program ‘Train My Venue’, an initiative aimed at improving hospitality skills across the hotel and club industry within Australia.
The program was developed in conjunction with industry bodies; the Australian Hotels Association (AHA); the Club Managers Association of Australia (CMAA), and is backed by hospitality training provider, William Angliss Institute.
Bryan McGoldrick, Director Angliss National said:
Train My Venue provides Operators, Managers and Service Staff an ideal opportunity to effectively hone their skills. This cost effective mechanism provides key information in a concise and convenient delivery system which can be accessed at any time. It opens a pathway of risk management, improved productivity and the opportunity to develop a recognised qualification for career focussed hospitality personnel.
Treasury Wine Estates Sales Director, Mr. Chris Flaherty said:
“With summer fast approaching us, the program gives venues the opportunity to engage all new staff in their venue, in training which will ultimately see an increase in profits, and a reduction in wastage.”
The program has so far, seen substantial success. Steve Curtis, Manager of the Wonthaggi Club said:
“We’ve seen a 20% growth within our business in the past 18 months. Within that time, we hired nine new staff members. Having the ability to deliver self paced training means that if there is down time, a supervisor can load the Train My Venue site, and help grow staff skill sets. Planning training sessions is almost impossible, as it is difficult to meet everyone’s availability, whereas train my venue modules can just slot in when you need.”
Benefits from Train My Venue include:
- It’s a highly accessible, value-for-money, industry-standard, training program for hospitality staff
- It offers the industry a solid, user-friendly, online, induction program for employees covering wine, beer, health, safety and food hygiene
- As an online program the learning modules can be accessed at anytime within venues; it does not require the employee to leave the venue plus has flexibility of offering the employee the opportunity of access via an internet portal
- Venue management can access their employees’ training history and track their progress 24/7
- Each employee has access to their individual training history and can visit their training history at anytime.
- Profit Increase: with the confidence your staff will gain in their knowledge of the basics of wine, they will feel more confident in up selling and recommending wine choices and selections, meaning more profits in your pocket!
Greater Customer Satisfaction: Staff who are able to recommend and talk about wines will give your customers confidence that they are being served by a professional in the industry.
Owners or managers can choose from four levels of participation to suit the size of their venues for a 12 month period from the date of purchase:
- Platinum membership grants 100 registrations $1250
- Gold membership grants 50 registrations $750
- Silver membership grants 20 registrations $400
- Bronze membership grants 10 registrations $250
Train My Venue uses video footage and step-by-step guides to keep employees engaged. A Train My Venue certificate can be earned for each module by successfully completing the on-line training and associated assessment task.
Click here for more information