Warburn Estate is conducting a recall of 13 products after a packaging fault was discovered, resulting in the presence of glass.
The products have been available for sale at BWS, Dan Murphy’s, independent liquor stores and hotels nationwide.
Food Standards Australia said: “Consumers should not drink this product and should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund.”
The recall covers:
- 2017 Rumours Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Rumours Pinot Grigio
- 2017 Rumours Chardonnay
- 2017 Rumours Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Rumours Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Chardonnay
- 2017 Gossips Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Gossips Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Pink Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Dolcetto and Syrah
- 2017 Gossips Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Wine Gang Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Warburn Estate Sangiovese Rose
Individual bottles are 750ml (0.75kg) and cartons of 6 bottles are 4.5kg
Lot numbers: L17289 to L17328, for Gossips Moscato only: L17289 to L17327
The fault could see glass in the product and may cause injury if consumed.
Further information on the recall is available from Warburn Estate, on (02) 6963 8367, between 8.30am and 5pm, or through the Warburn Estate website, outside of these times. www.warburnestate.com.au