The Wine Communicators of Australia has revealed plans to host a 2019 China-Australia Wine Marketing Summit, to help Australian wine brands make the most of the important market opportunities provided by China.
Mainland China is now the largest export by value and the second largest by volume, and the WCA has said that key factors such as the continuing high quality of Australian wine and the low Northern hemisphere harvest will help keep driving demand for Australian wine in China. Also, on the horizon, tariffs will be removed completely which will provide Australian wine brands with a competitive advantage.
The WCA added that leading into 2019 Australian wine brands need to take stock of this market opportunity in China and review if their marketing and communications teams have the skills to be successful.
This has led to the WCA planning to host the China-Australia Wine Marketing Summit, which will bring together thought leaders and industry experts who will provide attendees with the latest insights and knowledge required to grow in the Chinese wine market.
WCA Executive Officer, Lynda Schenk said: “Hosting the 2019 China-Australia Wine Marketing Summit is an important step forward for the WCA. Our key purpose is to provide insights and ensure our members are up-to-date with the latest strategies and techniques in wine marketing and communication.
“This Summit reinforces this, and we look forward to this platform creating value for winemakers, wine marketers, wine writers, and wine retailers.”
Key topic areas for the summit include:
Insights and Trends in the Wine Marketing and Communications Space
- Key Wine Trends in China.
- Top 5 Provinces forecasted for growth.
- Wine Insights – what is the Chinese consumer telling us?
Creating Exceptional Connections with Chinese Consumers
- WeChat, Social and on the Other Side of the Great China Firewall.
- Distribution to China – eCommerce landscape.
- Chinese consumers – how they want Australian marketers to engage with them – how they are
Communicating with Chinese consumers
- The Payments Landscape – what Chinese consumers demand from Australian Wine communicators.
- Protecting your IP in China.
Latest Tech Trends – Shaping how we communicate with the Chinese Consumer
- Blockchain trends and how this technology can build trust and enable engaging marketing communications.
- Wine label technology.
- Artificial Intelligence or Augmented Reality – Innovative ways to communicate with customers and the
Implications for the future
- Martech that enables consumers to follow the whole journey of making wine.
- Wine Tourism trends from today’s Chinese travellers.
- Driving tourists to Australia’s wine regions.
- Success factors attracting Chinese tourists.
The summit will take place in Sydney in April and more information is available through the Wine Communicators of Australia website.