By Andy Young
Wild Turkey Bourbon is releasing new glass and RTD packaging in Australia and will also launch a new marketing campaign to coincide with its new look.
Wild Turkey's new glass and RTD packaging for Australia
The new look packaging will feature the brand’s turkey more prominently, while the bird is also a central focus for the marketing campaign, which will include a new television commercial.
According to Wild Turkey Bourbon’s marketing director, Nicole Stanners: "The new look packaging across our premium Wild Turkey glass and premix range proudly and prominently features our iconic turkey and reflects the core values and credentials of the brand. And, to coincide with the launch of our new look packaging, we are excited to be announcing our new multi-million-dollar marketing campaign that will build on the successful growth of the brand over the past 12 months.
“The new campaign, based on the concept of ‘Greatness isn’t pretty’, emphasises substance over style, being the quality and authenticity of the liquid in the bottle captured by the brand’s tagline, Aged longer. More character, and the craftsmanship, dedication and commitment by our master distillers, Jimmy and Eddie Russell, and their team in ensuring the brand consistently delivers on its quality promise."
Wild Turkey's Greatness isn't Pretty campaign
As well as the new packaging and commercial the marketing campaign will be targeting Australian sport, with highlights including:
- Broadcast sponsorship of NRL Friday Night Footy on the Nine Network
- Broadcast sponsorship of the Nine Network’s Wide World of Sports program every Sunday, including mid-week sports updates on the Nine Network
- Broadcast sponsorship of AFL broadcasts across the weekend on the Seven Network
- Broadcast sponsorship of live Fox Footy broadcasts every Thursday, in addition to online sponsorship
- 12 month sponsorship of ESPN’s multi-sport platform including NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL and X games
Stanners added: “As sport is a passion for many Australians and to broaden our reach among existing and potential consumers, the new campaign heavily focuses around sport and includes a national outdoor campaign throughout the first half of the year in addition to TV, digital and social media over the next 12 months."