Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) has announced the winners of the 2022 Wine Communicator Awards, with Oliver’s Taranga Cellar Door Team taking out the overall win.
The cellar door team members who became the Wine Communicator of the Year award recipients were praised for telling the Oliver’s Taranga story and for the professionalism of the multi-channel approach to go beyond the physical cellar door experience.
WCA Executive Officer, Andrew Stark, said the cellar door experience plays an important role in building brand advocacy and is where so many stories are told.
“It’s fantastic that our overall winner comes from that sector and sets the standard for what compelling storytelling looks like,” he said
Stark added that the calibre of all entries in the 2022 awards impressed the panel of 15 expert judges.
“[It’s] a wonderful opportunity to celebrate excellence in communication and acknowledge the innovation that individuals and businesses have shown as we continue to navigate through what ‘post-COVID normal’ looks like in the lifestyle industry,” he said.
“The awards continue to be the most important event on the annual WCA calendar, recognising as it does excellence in many different facets of wine storytelling.”
The full list of category award winners are:
- Best Wine Marketing Communication Campaign (Individual or Team): Barossa Australia – “The Barossa It’s Just Us Campaign”
- Best Wine Blog or Podcast: Wine with Meg + Mel Podcast
- Best Published Feature Article or Wine Column: Lisa Cardelli in Halliday Wine Companion
- Best New Wine Book: “The Wine Producers: Best of McLaren Vale and Best of Barossa” written by Katie Spain and published by Budmedia
- Best Wine Website or App: Margaret River Wine Association
- Best Wine-Themed Event: Margaret River Fine Vines Festival, AHOY Management
- Best Wine Communicator – Cellar Door: Oliver’s Taranga Cellar Door Host Team
- Best Wine Educator: Cynthia Gemus, Yalumba Wines
- Best Wine Student: Karlee Cook – The University of Adelaide
- Wine Communicator of the Year: Oliver’s Taranga Cellar Door Host Team